Sunday, June 27, 2010

PEEP (Photo Enthusiasts of El Paso Texas) Gave great show!

Click on image for a better view
Show time! PEEP (El Paso Texas photography club) gave a photography show at Rulis' International Kitchen, located at 318 North Mesa Street. That is across Mesa street from the Alligator Plaza. Rulis' dining room is perfect for this kind of show.


Click on image for a better view

Peep did an outstanding job putting on this show. Members were able to purchase the mat boards at a huge savings because the club bought them in quantity. The fact that all mats were the same size and color also made for a really beautiful and orderly display.
Outside judges were brought in to judge the images and award prizes.


Peep charged an amazing $5.00 entry fee for 3 images. So, if a member entered 3 pictures the cost came to $27.50 - mat boards included. For that price I entered 4 pictures myself and Lila did one. We did not win but had a great learning experience and a good time.


For those of you living in the El Paso/Las Cruces area, I encourage you to join the club. Meetings are held every second Saturday, 10 AM at the Memorial Park Library. I promise you will have a good time and will learn something new about photography at every meeting.


Click on image for a better view

PEEP does monthly field trips and photo contests, making this group  highly interesting, fun and educational.
During every meeting we also hold photo critiques where you bring in a few of your images so the entire group can look at them and make friendly, constructive critiques. I love this part of every meeting because I learn a lot.
Come on down!

If you like the post then please use the provided links for your shopping. Stay safe and have a fun time with your camera.
Don't forget to write me if you have any tips, or news. I like to hear from you!

My Flicker Photostream
My babe photostream on Flickr
My SmugMug account
The future location of this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment