Sunday, June 20, 2010

Don't forget to photograph the elephant

Click on image for a better view
On US 67 between Marfa and the ghost town Shafter in Texas.



Driving on the US Interstate system is sort of like flying. It's fast, it's convenient and you miss the flavor of traveling. I think this accounts for the Route 66 nostalgia.


When on a road trip I get off the Interstate and use local roads instead. I don't necessarily get off just to see a popular attraction but sometimes its great just to drive thru a few small towns, stop for a cup of coffee at a local cafe and maybe visit with a few locals.


On one of my recent Texas road trips I encountered this rock elephant on US 67 between Marfa and Shafter. Perhaps not the greatest tourist attraction but certainly an interesting sight few people ever get to see.


America is full of places like this, but they are not visible from the Freeway.

If you like the post then please use the provided links for your shopping. Stay safe and have a fun time with your camera.
Don't forget to write me if you have any tips, or news. I like to hear from you!

My Flicker Photostream
My babe photostream on Flickr
My SmugMug account

No comments:

Post a Comment