Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Neutral Density Filters For Depth of Field Control

Click on image for a better view

You are outdoors, you want to do a beautiful portrait or photograph a flower. You want a very shallow depth of  field in order to isolate your subject. Your ISO is already at 100, shutter speed is locked at 1/125th so you can use flash but the aperture is at f/9 or more because of the bright sun.
Your choice is now down to having a greater depth of field or using neutral density filters.
Try a nice dark ND filter next time you are trying to use flash out doors. The ND filter is one of those very few filters you just can't do without and can't duplicate in editing.

If you like the post then please use the provided links for your shopping. Stay safe and have a fun time with your camera.
Don't forget to write me if you have any tips, or news. I like to hear from you!

My Flicker Photostream
My babe photostream on Flickr
My SmugMug account

No comments:

Post a Comment