Thursday, July 1, 2010

Portrait In Sepia

Click on image for a better view
Whenever I do a photo shoot with a beautiful woman I go soft and easy with the images. I love to use fresh roses for every shoot because I believe they enhance the feminine softness. I believe sexy is more than just boobs and butts. I think that is way overdone in most of the pinup images I see. To me sexy means "desirable", which goes far deeper than just anatomy 101.


I converted this image to sepia using the Imagenomic Realgrain filter. Just google them for more information. I give myself extra control by first creating a layer in Photoshop in order to be able to control opacity and sometimes even the blending mode.


I used my usual 3-light setup for this image.


AlienBee 800 to the left and high thru a white umbrella for my main light


AlienBee 800 also thru a white umbrella, on the right for a fill, set about 2 stops below the main light.


My third light is a Savage CM-250 with a color gel, usually blue. I have it behind my white-sheet background. This lets me change background colors without changing the background.


Click on image for a better view

When it comes to backgrounds I like to stay simple and subdued because I don't want it competing with the model.


Shooting is manual shutter speed and f-stop, auto focus and auto color balance.


I use Imagenomic Portraiture to get the soft skin tones and finish the image with Image Trends "Pearly Whites" for whiter teeth and eyes.

If you like the post then please use the provided links for your shopping. Stay safe and have a fun time with your camera.
Don't forget to write me if you have any tips, or news. I like to hear from you!

My Flicker Photostream
My babe photostream on Flickr
My SmugMug account

No comments:

Post a Comment