Sunday, June 13, 2010

Billy The Kid Reenactment

click on image for a better view
Yesterday I attended a Billy the Kid reenactment in San Elizario, Texas. One thing I like about these kinds of shows is that I can move around and look for photographic opportunities other than what I came to shoot.
Spectators, props, setting, close-ups of every kind, all offer pictures to the alert photographer.
That is how I came by this picture. I looked in this actor's direction and instantly liked what I saw. I was shooting with the Nikkor 18-200mm vr attached to my Nikon D5000. The huge zoom let me compose the picture very quickly and I snapped the picture before she moved. That is key for this kind of photography. You have to be able to do a  very quick composition before the situation changes.
I was shooting aperture priority set to f5.6, ISO was at 400 and so was the shutter speed. 1/400th.
The lady in the picture was a actress, part of the "Six guns and shady ladies" reenactment group.
They put on a good show, all the while they were sweltering in 103F "warmth". Hey, it was a dry heat.

If you like the post then please use the provided links for your shopping. Stay safe and have a fun time with your camera.
Don't forget to write me if you have any tips, or news. I like to hear from you!

My Flicker Photostream
My babe photostream on Flickr
My SmugMug account

No comments:

Post a Comment